Thursday, June 28, 2012

ROTINI VEGETABLE SOUP

ROTINI VEGETABLE SOUP

It's truly amazing what you can pull out of your cabinet to make a meal. All of my friends look in the cabinet, then hop in the car and run out for fast food or make a trip to the grocery store.

Tonight for example I looked in my cabinet and found a box of whole wheat rotini, a can of rosemary and basil petite tomatoes, and a can of mixed vegetables. I always have some onions, celery and bell peppers in the fridge.

Cook  1/2 the box of pasta according to instructions on the box. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
Pour  four cups of water in a stock pot, add chicken stock or bouillon in whatever you feel is most flavorful, If using chicken stock reduce water equally.
Add 1 small onion and two sticks of celery cut in any manner you choose. I like a little sea salt and black pepper in mine.
Bring to a boil and let cook 15 minutes. Add tomatoes and vegetables, A Tbsp of butter, margarine or olive oil, add pasta, turn off heat, stir and cover, then allow to sit for 10 minutes.

Options: If you want to add meat to this meal, I recommend chicken or turkey, cut into small pieces and added at the last 5 minutes of cooking. I left the bell peppers out of this recipe on purpose. Not everyone likes bell peppers. For those of us that do, add them at the last 5 minutes of cooking cut to any size you like. Serve with whatever bread you like "French".

Eat it while it's hot and enjoy!
If you want to know what product brands I use, post a message or send me an email.

Next time a quick and delicious desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment