Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Brussels Sprouts

Brussels Sprouts?
OK, no need for panic! I don't have a fancy name for this recipe. This is simply a way to make Brussels Sprouts taste really good, and believe me you can make them taste really bad without a great recipe.

I actually got my family to eat these over the Christmas Holidays, how about that!

First gather your ingredients:
1 bag frozen Brussels Sprouts - Publix brand works great.
1 Tbsp. Land O lakes butter or margarine.
1 Tbsp. Spice World minced garlic in the jar.
1 Cup Swanson chicken broth.
1 Cap full "not Cup" full of Heinz Distilled White or Red Wine Vinegar. (Both add great flavor).
1 Tsp. of Mrs Dash Original Salt Free seasoning.
1/2 Tsp. McCormick Ground Black Pepper.
1 Tsp. sugar. (I liked this with both white sugar and turbinado Sugar In The Raw).

Put all of your ingredients in a 12 inch skillet. Set stove to medium high. Allow to warm until butter or margarine have melted, stir and then add Brussels Sprouts.
Allow to cook uncovered until almost all of the broth is evaporated, stirring occasionally,  turn off stove.
At this point I like to cut them in half lengthwise using a knife and fork, Cover and let sit for 10 minutes.

I suggest you get an extra bag of Brussels Sprouts because one will not be enough...

You can contact me on this one. I can do this with almost any vegetable.
Good eating, I'll see you next year.
Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment